Age: All Ages
Peekabook decided to start 2020 with a family activity, called “It was a Year Full of……”
Envolopes – colored papers – small zipper plastic bags – scissors – glue – colors – glitter – colored solitape – small clips – name tags
1) Wrote each name on the name tags, & hung it using a clip on the zipper plastic bags
2) Cut the colored papers in small squares, and put in each plastic bag 365 colored square.
What we did?
1) I asked all people to imagine, for 30 seconds, how would they be at the end of 2020 (their achievements, feelings & appearances)
2) Then, gave each one an envelope ✉️ & asked them to write on it “It was a year full of …”
They were told to fill in the statement with whatever they would be proud of by the end of 2020. Afterwards, I asked them to start decorating their envelopes 🎨 with songs in the background for more entertainment 🎶
Step 2 had ✌️ conditions: they have to fill in the statement with only one thing, and it has to be positive.
3) When done, we gathered & presented our envelopes/statements. Each one was asked to answer 5 questions in his turn:
How was the activity? – What’s written on the envelope? Why? – What is the plan to achieve the statement? – How can we help?
Also, we were allowed to comment on the presenter with a personal experience or an advice.
4) Afterwards, I distributed the plastic bags and explained that each bag contains 365 colored sqaures. If they want to continue this activity through the year, they need to keep the bag and envelope in a safe & accessible place. Whenever they feel like taking a step towards their statements, they need to take 1 colored paper and put it in the envelope.
For younger ages & toddlers: you can simplify this to something they want to learn and let them use pictures to present their choices (if they still can’t write).
In 2021’s eve , we’ll regather with our envelopes, present & discuss how much were we able to fill it. I also highlighted that that it’s okay not to add to the envelope daily (it’s not a sign of failure/success, & we all pass thru hard times occasionally 😉). We can also change what we’ve written through the journey. The target isn’t to brag about or show off, the target is to encourage one another & try to achieve 💪🤗